The meeting was at 7.30pm on July 19th 2021 at Newtown Hall, 71 Daniell St. The discussion covered –
1. Responsible Dog Owner Policy
The meeting supported the motion That Newtown Residents’ Association would like to request that the responsible dog owner policy applications start at the same time as notification for licensing occurs.
2. Spatial Plan process and outcome
Considerable discussion was held about the process and outcome of the Spatial Plan consultation. A Wellington-wide umbrella group is being formed to promote density done well, and the meeting supported the motion That the Newtown Residents association welcome the development off Density Done Well and would like to keep in touch with this group.
3. An introduction to the development of the WCC District Plan; Government consultation on GPS-HUD.
Martin Hanley outlined the purpose and development of a District Plan. The District Plan is a City Council document, but is guided by Government policy. The GPS-HUD, the Government’s proposal for the future of the housing and urban development system in Aotearoa New Zealand, is open for consultation till July 30th. After much discussion the meeting supported the motion That the Association put in a submission to this consultation that is reflective of the discussion at this meeting.
4. The future of the Workingmen’s Bowling Club
The meeting supported the continued mixed community use of the land and buildings.
5. Consideration of Heritage Buildings Places and Objects
Consultation and competition.
- There was a reminder that annual Subs are due.