Wellington City has opened formal consultations on its draft alcohol management strategy and local alcohol policy. You can access the documents and make submissions on the WCC website. Submissions close at 5pm on 2 August 2013.
Off-licence maximum trading hours 7am–9pm.
On-licence maximum trading hours for
- Entertainment Precinct (aka Courtenay and Cuba): 7am–3am generally and 7am–5am for best-practice premises
- Central city (as far South as Buckle and Webb): 7am–2am generally and 7am–3am for best-practice premises
- Suburban (the rest of the city): 7am-midnight.
Proximity to sensitive facilities such as schools, parks, health centres. Create automatic triggers for public hearings for:
- high to medium-risk applications in the Southern Zone within close proximity (100m) of another licensed premises or a sensitive facility, such as a school, park or health centre
- any application next to a sensitive facility high to medium-risk, or late-trading applications in the Entertainment Precinct
- any application that attracts public opposition.
Density of licensed premises. Create automatic triggers for public hearings for:
- all new or renewal applications for high-risk applications in the Entertainment Precinct and the Southern Zone
- all applications where density or proximity is raised by submitters as an issue.