The Newtown Library in Constable Street is being refurbished!
“Newtown Library will be temporarily closed for scheduled maintenance and upgrades.
The library will be closed from 13th May 2015 until 22nd July 2015 inclusive.
Newtown Library was built approximately 25 years ago and requires scheduled maintenance and upgrades. Contractors will be replacing the skylights, installing heating systems, ventilation systems and efficient lighting. Interior painting and replacing vinyl will be done at the same time.
Wellington City Libraries are providing these services for our Newtown Library customers during this time:
- Free shuttle between Newtown and Ruth Gotlieb (Kilbirnie) libraries Monday to Friday
- Reserves available for collection from Smart Newtown
- Issue periods extended for the duration of the closure
- Return fees waived for books returned to other libraries
- More seating and newspapers available at Ruth Gotlieb Library (Kilbirnie)
- Access to our 24/7 online services
We encourage you to “stock up” from May 1st to take advantage of the extended loan period. You can stay updated about the project through updates to this page, the WCC call centre (499 4444), and our Facebook and Twitter updates.
If you have any questions or require further information about the closure please contact Andrea Thomas or Sharon Macintyre by phoning 830 1255 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.”