The Newtown Residents’ Association first meeting for 2017 is on Monday, 20th February, 7.30 pm at the Newtown Hall, 71 Daniell St.
The agenda will include:
Welcome to visitors:
* Phillippa Ross-James and colleagues from Wellington Water will speak about the Prince of Wales Reservoir Project. See here for an overview of the project, and follow the link to the December Update for issues raised at the open days.
* Pat Leota, a Work Broker from the Ministry of Social Development office in Newtown, will tell us about the WINZ Projects in the Community – a scheme for subsidising wages or training for people working on community projects.
* Gary Scott, to talk about the Mt Cook Pest Free Initiative.
Daphne Pilaar will report on plans for our Residents’ Association “Neighbours’ Night at Newtown Park” 5-8pm Friday 24th February – with a request for volunteers to help on the night.
An update from Ray Tuffin about Kia Ora Newtown and the way his role is developing.
Progress report on the Newtown Community Facilities Project – to be called “Our Town Newtown”
Newtown Festival and Celebrate Newtown events. See the Festival website (http://www.newtownfestival.org.nz) for all the details – there’s lots to look at and listen to!
Proposal for a Newtown History Walk
A discussion of our membership fees for the 2017-18 year (its in our rules that we do this in February)
Submissions and Consultations
* Playspaces Policy
* Airport runway extension. The hearing in the Environment Court will start on 3rd July. We have to decide by 3rd March whether we want to speak to our submission at the hearing
* WCC Annual Plan 2017-18 – initial engagement