The first meeting for 2017 was on the 20th February.
- We heard an outline of the plans for the Prince of Wales reservoir from the Wellington Water Project Director Ulvi Salayev. Wellington Water are currently preparing their Resource Consent application. The next public consultation is 6 May. It will be advertised in the media.
- Gary Scott from Mt Cook Mobilised spoke about his initiative to make Mt Cook predator-free through the widespread use of trapping tunnels.
- Daphne Pilaar outlined the plans for the Residents’ Association Neighbours’ Night at Newtown Park on February 24th.
- Ray Tuffin (WCC Community Advisor for Newtown) reported on his many activities.
- Rhona Carson (Association President) outlined the process for the community involvement with WCC decisions on redeveloping community facilities. The project is known as ‘Our Town Newtown’.
- The meeting decided to keep the membership fees for the Association at a gold coin, as it has been for some years.