A good turn out of residents were treated to three presentations of interest.
1) WCC Innovating Streets organisers reported largely positive feedback on the platform which was installed outside the Friendly Bakery and Black Coffee, and shared plans to increase such parklets in the community.
2) A team from GWRC presented the 3 main consultation themes from the draft 2021-2030 Long Term Plan:
- To de-carbonise public transport – busses, rail and ferries.
- To restore areas of regional parks to native bush and wetlands as a climate change mitigation strategy
- To provide more support (especially secretariat support) to constituent Councils to coordinate planning for Regional growth
3) WCC introduced their Long Term Plan Consultation, highlighting the extremely challenging financial environment and the huge costs due to the earthquakes and to lack of infrastructure maintenance (especially in water infrastructure) over many years.